In the case of the Mendocino County, California GO Grant program, yes. Those authorized to apply on behalf of a federally recognized Tribal Nation do not need to provide an EIN. There are a total of 11 federally recognized Tribal Nations in Mendocino County.

How do I apply on behalf of a Tribal Nation?

In order to expand funding opportunities for this community, we ask these applicants to simply include the following information instead of an EIN:

  • Tribe Name
  • Band Name (optional)
    This information will be shared with the Mendocino County Native American community.

Prior to applying, we encourage you to communicate with your Tribal leadership. They will be responsible for signing the contract as well as receiving and disbursing the GO Grant funds. You will need to provide the following information:

  • the contact information for the person authorized to sign the contract on behalf of your Tribal Nation. This includes: first and last name, title, email, phone and address.
  • banking information, including the name on the account, the name of the bank, the account type, account number, and routing number.